- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time1 hr 10 min
- Total Time1 hr 20 min
- 2 Cup Uncooked rice [see note]
- 2 1/2 Cup Basic stock
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Onions, chopped very fine
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Celery, chopped very fine
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Bell peppers,chopped very fine
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon Unsalted butter [preferred]
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
In a 5x9x2-1/2-inch loaf pan, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Seal pan snuggly with aluminum foil.
Bake at 350F until rice is tender, about 1 hour, 10 minutes.
Serve immediately. However, you can count on the rice staying hot for 45 minutes and warm for 2 hours.
To reheat leftover rice, either use a double boiler or warm the rice in a skillet with unsalted butter.