- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time45 min
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried rosemary leaves, crush
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 Pound + 5 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 Teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Basic shrimp stock
- 1/4 Cup Beer at room temperature
- Rinse the shrimp in cold water and drain well.
Then pinch off and discard the portion of the head from the eyes forward [including the eyes, but not the protruding long spine above the eyes].
Leave as much as possible of the orange shrimp fat from the head attached to the body. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine the seasoning mix ingredients. combine 1 stick of the butter, the garlic, Worcestershire and seasoning mix in a large skillet over high heat.
When the butter is melted, add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan [versus stirring] in a back-and-forth motion.
Add the remaining 5 tablespoons butter and the stock; cook and shake pan for 2 minutes.
Add the beer and cook and shake the pan 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
Serve immediately in bowls with lots of French bread on the side, or on a platter with cooked rice mounded in the middle and the shrimp and sauce surrounding it.